The Food Addicts came up with this tasty recipe and thanks to them for sharing it with us:
Sometimes we have an urge to do something really different and random. We like using puff pastry because of the light and buttery texture, which goes well as a dessert. However, savory is just as good, and that’s what we did for this recipe. We threw together a few things to create this dish which had a combination of spiciness from the special hot sauce and delicate flakiness from the puff pastry. Trust us, this is a fun way to eat chicken!
• 3 chicken thighs, boiled and shredded
• 2 stalks of celery, fine dice
• 2 ½ tbsp Chipotle Garlic Sauce
• 2 oz. pepper jack cheese, shredded
• 3 oz. Portobello mushrooms, medium dice
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1 egg, whisked
• 1 sheet of pull pastry
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil chicken until fully cooked. Shred chicken to small pieces.
2. Dice mushrooms and sauté in pan with butter, then set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix shredded chicken, diced celery, hot sauce, pepper jack cheese, sautéed mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Cut full sheet of puff pastry in half. Fill half of the sheet with chicken filling leaving a small border around the edges so that the pastry can be sealed.
5. Brush the edges of the pastry with the whisked egg. Fold puff pastry over and press with a fork sealing all the edges.
6. Brush the tops of the puff pastry with the egg mixture.
7. Slice one to two vents holes on top of the pastry.
8. Preheat oven to 450F and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown color on top.
Thanks again to Krissy & Daniel of The Food Addicts for sharing. Please visit their great food blog and see all of the wonderful recipes and reviews they have – including the original writeup of this recipe.