This recipe is sent to us from Moab, Utah by Cook, in the outback.
Fine for a Pasta Sauce – Great with Polenta or Rice – Tender, Full of Flavor
• one or two 2 lb. boneless pork roast(s)
• 2 T of olive oil
• 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic
• 1 cup of Red Wine
• 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
• 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes
• 3-4 bay leaves
• about 1 lb of green/red/yellow bell peppers (bag of frozen pepper strips works)
• salts or herb mixture
• 2 T. Caribbean Spice Sauce
In a heavy 5 Qt kettle with a cover, pour in olive oil and heat to medium high. Brown the boneless pork roast(s) about 5 min. per side. Flip over using tongs.
Add cloves of chopped garlic and saute.
Pour in Red Wine.
Add in cans of tomatoes.
Add 3-4 bay leaves.
Cover kettle and simmer gently on low until fork pierces the meat easily.
Check at 1 1/2 hours. When fork tender, remove meat to a platter and let rest 10 min.
Tear apart with two forks (or slice into chunks). Return meat to pan.
Add pepper slices and stir into tomatoes and meat.
Add seasoning salts or herb mixtures.
Add 2 T. Caribbean Spice Sauce
Return to heat until hot. Serve. Enjoy!
Serve along side Polenta or Rice. It would work great over Penne Pasta as well.